Credit Union One to Merge with Seven Seventeen Credit Union
Since day one, it has been the mission of Credit Union One to help members achieve personal and financial success.
Through the decades, we have weathered a lot of change. The pace of change, in recent years, has accelerated dramatically.
Consumers of financial services, including credit union members, demand the conveniences provided by the latest technologies. In
addition, the complexity of regulatory compliance has increased significantly.
The cost associated with these changes is staggering, especially in light of shrinking operating margins associated with the low
interest rate environment of the last several years. It has become increasingly difficult for smaller credit unions and banks to
meet these fiscal challenges.
With that in mind, after very careful consideration, the management and Board of Directors of your credit union decided
that it was in the best interest of Credit Union One and its membership to seek a merger partner that was large enough to meet
the fiscal challenges of today’s financial market, but not so large as to lose focus on what matters most – our members.
We are confident that we have found such a partner in Seven Seventeen Credit Union.
Seven Seventeen, which has served Northeast Ohio for 60 years, has competitive loan and deposit rates, and lower fees
when compared to competitors, but its commitment to the member is the biggest differentiator. Seven Seventeen Credit Union
prides itself on not meeting, but exceeding its members’ expectations. In doing so, Seven Seventeen grew from a single branch
serving the members of IUE Local 717 Packard Electric in Warren, Ohio, to an 11-branch, progressive financial institution open
to anyone that lives or works in Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana, Portage and Central Stark Counties.
Like Credit Union One, Seven Seventeen is focused on helping its members achieve success by assisting them in managing
their finances with products designed to simplify their lives and help them save money. In fact, helping members to Simplify & Save
is more than a philosophy at Seven Seventeen. Their Simplify & Save program provides financial education resources to help
members establish long-term financial success, and has saved their members more than $40 million in the last five years by
refinancing loans from other financial institutions at lower rates and by consolidating debt.
The $40 million in member loan savings isn’t Seven Seventeen’s only impressive number.
• 5 Star Rating – Highest rating from Bauer Financial, which rates credit unions and banks based on their safety and soundness.
• #1 Auto Lender – Among local financial institutions in the Mahoning Valley.
• #1 Mortgage Lender – Among local financial institutions in the Mahoning Valley.
• #1 in Deposits – First in deposit market share in Trumbull County. Among the top depository institutions in Mahoning County as well.
• 4.87 out of 5 – Average score given by mystery shoppers hired to secretly “shop” the credit union and rate the service they were provided.
• 9.2 out of 10 – Average score when members were randomly surveyed and asked how likely they would be to refer Seven Seventeen
to their family and friends.
• Top 200 – With more than 6,000 federally insured credit unions evaluated, Seven Seventeen was ranked among the top 200 healthiest
credit unions in the country by DespositAccounts.com.
The Board of Directors and Management of Credit Union One have thoroughly examined the benefits this partnership can bring to our
members, and believe the rewards are many. Seven Seventeen provides all of the essential financial products and services offered
by Credit Union One, plus some that we currently don’t have available such as:
• More checking options
• Mortgage and Home Equity Loans
• Free personalized debit cards
• Student Loans
• Free instant issue debit cards
• Visa Platinum Credit Card Rewards with cash back, gift card, travel and merchandise redemtion options
• Debit rewards
• Enhanced online and mobile banking with Bill Pay (with one of the highest rated mobile banking appsof any financial institution in the country)
• Retirement and Investment Advisors through Seven Seventeen Retirement and Invesrtment Group
• Kid, Teen and Young Adult focused clubs and accounts
• Small Business friendly products and service including commercial loans, free business checking, and more.
• More certificate options, including IRA certificates
Pending regulatory approval, the anticipated effective merger date is October 1, 2017. Upon completion of the merger, you will still have
access to the current North Jackson office. Union employees of Credit Union One and Seven Seventeen are both members of OPEIU Local 1794,
so even that consistency will remain. Nothing will be changing with your account or how you access funds at this time. As we go through the
merger process, we will keep you informed of important information and changes along the way.
Upon completion of the pending merger, your Credit Union One deposits will be federally insured by the National Credit Union
Share Insurance Fund (“NCUSIF”). At that time, your savings, up to $250,000 per member for aggregate IRA accounts and separately
up to $250,000 per member for non-IRA accounts, will be insured by the NCUSIF. This NCUSIF insurance replaces the $250,000 per account
coverage provided by American Share Insurance for each of your Credit Union One accounts before the merger with
Seven Seventeen Credit Union.
The Board of Directors and management of Credit Union One have always made decisions based first and foremost on the question,
“Is this the best thing for our membership?” Seven Seventeen Credit Union is a strong, safe and sound financial institution that offers a
broad menu of competitive products and services and has a reputation of providing an exceptional member experience. With that, we truly
believe this change is the best thing for our members. The name on our building will change, but the commitment to the credit union spirit
of “people helping people” will remain.
|Current Loan Rates
|Monday||7 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||7 am - 4 pm|
|Thursday||10 am - 4 pm|
|Friday||7 am - 4:30 pm|
GM Discounts are available to Credit Union One Members.
Visit www.lovemycreditunion.org to learn more about Credit Union Member Discounts on new Chevy Buick and GMC vehicles. Under "Exclusive Discounts" click on the "Chevy, Buick, GMC" graphic. Sign in and create a password to receive your GM Authorization Number.